Phyrexia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Phyrexia

Forum based RPG

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Land of Faraway: Background/Story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Maj._Victory

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Left_bar_bleue40/40The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)
Energy:
The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Left_bar_bleue30/30The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Empty
PostSubject: The Land of Faraway: Background/Story   The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:50 pm

The year is 2083.

You've just gotten up and are sitting in your living room.

The TV came on automatically when you sat down on the couch. On the screen a newscaster talks about mounting tensions over molybdenum claims in the Gobi desert between the EU and the Pan Asian Alliance.

A typical Sunday morning, but then you remember your PDA. You lift up the silky sheet of plastic from the table and it stiffens into a flat surface. You only have one thing on itinerary: pack for trip.

But this is no ordinary trip, this is the trip of a life time. The chance to see a world no human has ever laid eyes on before.

-------------------------
In this campaign you're an explorer, part of a historic journey on board the world's first faster than light space ship.

But before we get into that lets set up the scene:

The year is of course 2083, the future. Earth has changed little in this time. Nations have grouped into coalitions to protect their power, science continues it march forward, and people get by with their lives.

It has become a bit more crowded, dirty and developed but that was expected. Little of that matters to you for the moment because there should be only one thing on your mind, the mission.

Several months ago you received a job offer from the Jorgenson Institute, the premier research corporation in the world. You thought that you'd be moving to their main labs in Stockholm, but they had other plans for you.

After your acceptance you signed a multitude of forms requiring your silence on what you were about to hear. Then they told you, the Institute had developed a means of faster than light travel and were in the final stages of building a vessel to test the device. Not only that but the unmanned probes they had used to first test the device had discovered an Earth-like planet in a nearby star system! And now they wanted you of all people to be on this ship when they first set foot on this new world. Incredible.

You may have had some reservations but you signed a contract that bound you to it and there was no going back. After two months of zero-g and ship operations training you're ready to go into space and set out with this historic journey.

-------------------------
So who are you? There are basically two options, you can either be a member of the research team or the security team.

The research team are primarily doctorate holding professors or researchers in a variety of disciplines.
As part of this team you would need to spend at least 8 points on the skill you've studied. You can have multiple skills like this but you need to indicate which is your best.

The security team is tasked with protecting and assisting the research team. In a sense glorified research assistants, but you're still very important to the mission. You should have training in first aid and computers.

Everyone must take one rank in the skill Spacer to indicate your training on the ship's systems. You also must take the advantage G-Experience for one point to represent zero-g training.

Other than that its up to you, make your character as interesting or boring as you want. Just post or message me your character sheet in the same format as the example in the GURPS thread (which is the format automatically put out by the Character Assistant program.)
Back to top Go down
Maj._Victory

Maj._Victory

Character sheet
Name: Renault 'The Carver' Gavinsborke
HP:
The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Left_bar_bleue40/40The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Empty_bar_bleue  (40/40)
Energy:
The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Left_bar_bleue30/30The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Land of Faraway: Background/Story   The Land of Faraway: Background/Story Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 pm

I would like to remind everyone that this campaign is not dead. Despite there being no talk about it for half a year I would still like to run this. There were two major problems with getting this started, Merf being out at sea was one of them, the other is that I've never GM'ed GURPS before, but I'm working on that right now by running a small campaign with my roommates (I might post the details in the cave). Problems resolved, and the campaign I ran worked great.

Anyways, be thinking of character ideas if you're interested in playing this, and contact me if you need the books or the character assistant program.
Back to top Go down

The Land of Faraway: Background/Story
Page 1 of 1